Friday, August 22, 2008

Another Quickie

Once again I don't know what to write, and honestly don't really want to write at all.
But, by writing now, I anchor the habit; I keep the project moving. Tomorrow will come and I'll be able to look back and say "at least I gave it ten minutes." I may not like what I write, but at least I will have tried. And a month from now, I'll be able to look back and see that I did something today--even if it isn't great, and in that context, I'll see that I worked on the blog consistently, and that some entries are better than others--some long, careful, insightful, and others short, and hopefully sweet and hopefully insightful in their own way.

Just the effort to write something new. To put new words on the page, to see what comes out of that effort. Every day won't be equally productive, but in order to get the highly productive days, you have to be willing to face the days that aren't productive. By trying, you keep yourself engaged.

No comments: