Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A new phase

I haven't been writing here much.
Mostly I've been trying to take the ideas that I was sharing here and cast them into a book. Partly it was because I felt like I was repeating myself--I only had a few hundred posts worth of good material...this would be the place to type "lol," I think.

It's not that I don't want to continue to share my ideas, but the book project itself takes away the time I could spend writing the blog.

But I have been erratic with the book project--I started working on it almost a year ago, but have kept letting long gaps of time come between efforts, and then what I have written no longer seems useful, or at least needs rewriting.
Of course, the flip side of this is that I have written multiple drafts.

Anyway, my current plan is to push for a complete 50,000-word draft that I can then use as the basis for a proposal for a publisher.
To that end, I'm going to keep tabs on my progress.

No comments: