Friday, January 25, 2008

Sometimes you feel like a nut; sometimes you don't

It's a little distressing how an ad campaign that I heard as a child still sticks in my head. But that's beside the point.

Sometimes we feel like dealing with things, others we don't--maybe we're busy, maybe we're uninspired, maybe we're just lazy.

The ups and downs of our moods and our situations can interfere with our work process.
In the down phases it's important not to lose touch with your project. But at the same time, it's important not to let the down phases become a cause for punishing yourself, because punishing yourself can bring on down phases. That's why, if you're in a down phase, it's always a god plan to try to do a little work. What's important is to accomplish something that keeps the project moving and keeps you in touch with it, even if you can't give it maximum effort.

Today I'm busy--a down phase as far as blogging--but I want to stay in touch...so this is my effort to do so before I dash off to other things.

No comments: